Happy New Year!
Just want to send out our wishes to everyone for a happy new year.
We just got back from our GA vacation to snow! ughh Love that New England living. It was fun wearing shorts for a few days. Jayce loved having his toes free...or maybe just Keith and I did. Gotta say I love baby toes; they are just so cute. We tried to get a hand & foot casting but we failed miserably....how we can design engine parts but not perform a foot casting I do not know! The plaster had dried before we put in his hand and then Keith tried to mush it back up and make it soft again but pretty much only proceeded to make a mess. It was a comedy show.
But our vacation went well especially the drive. Jayce pretty much slept for most of the time. On our way down and back we took off at around his 3:00 am feeding and he slept through until 7ish and then just woke up every 3-4 hours for a car seat stretch, diaper change & most importantly, to eat and then he fell back asleep once we started moving again. Only the last few hours of the trip each way was he restless and required entertainment to prevent meltdown Jayce. That was about the best we could ask for...and surprising he actually slept very well the night after the trip too! So I am glad that we drove...gave us more flexability, allowed us to bring Rosie and a bunch of entertainment items for Jayce....or maybe I should say I'm glad Keith drove...of the 30 or so hours on the road I only drove for a few hours so Keith could catch some zzz's. After 3 months of traveling 30 hours doesn't seem like much! Guess it is best to get the little guy accustomed to traveling now while he is little...who knows what adventures are in store for us!
We just got back from our GA vacation to snow! ughh Love that New England living. It was fun wearing shorts for a few days. Jayce loved having his toes free...or maybe just Keith and I did. Gotta say I love baby toes; they are just so cute. We tried to get a hand & foot casting but we failed miserably....how we can design engine parts but not perform a foot casting I do not know! The plaster had dried before we put in his hand and then Keith tried to mush it back up and make it soft again but pretty much only proceeded to make a mess. It was a comedy show.
But our vacation went well especially the drive. Jayce pretty much slept for most of the time. On our way down and back we took off at around his 3:00 am feeding and he slept through until 7ish and then just woke up every 3-4 hours for a car seat stretch, diaper change & most importantly, to eat and then he fell back asleep once we started moving again. Only the last few hours of the trip each way was he restless and required entertainment to prevent meltdown Jayce. That was about the best we could ask for...and surprising he actually slept very well the night after the trip too! So I am glad that we drove...gave us more flexability, allowed us to bring Rosie and a bunch of entertainment items for Jayce....or maybe I should say I'm glad Keith drove...of the 30 or so hours on the road I only drove for a few hours so Keith could catch some zzz's. After 3 months of traveling 30 hours doesn't seem like much! Guess it is best to get the little guy accustomed to traveling now while he is little...who knows what adventures are in store for us!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home