Sunday, December 09, 2007

Schedule

Last night Keith and I hit a wall with Jayce...he was so overtired that it took him so long to get to sleep that he was then hungry and we had to feed him again. So today we enabled a schedule. We bottle fed him every 3 hours and he ate a full 5-6 oz. We didn't let him snack in between and he actually had 2 naps. It was miserable at times as he was indicating that he was hungry but we now know that he just always wants to be full and he really isn't starving. And we are learning the difference between the hunger and the tired cries. I feel relieved. It took us so long to get to this point but I think we might concur. Now can I do it by myself this week?
I also realized that he eats more during the day and less at night so when I breast feed him during the day he isn't getting the 5-6 oz that he really wants but I have extra milk at night as he only eats 2-3 oz during the night feedings. So I actually have enough milk for him but I need to pump at night and bottle feed him that extra couple ounces during the day.

He was a much happier baby today. A lot less crying and seemed a bit more content during the times he wasn't eating.

Oh and here is a cute picture of Keith and Jayce sleeping....well really only Keith was sleeping, Jayce was really awake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home