Sleeping through the night
Holy crap I had a heart attack this morning when I woke up and realized that Jayce hadn't woken me up at all last night. I ran into his room and he was still breathing and still sound asleep after 7 hours. So I woke him up to eat and put him back to bed for another 3 hours! He slept for a straight 6 1/2 hours on Sunday night but woke me up in the morning to eat so I wasn't so alarmed. I think this was the first time I slept more than him!
This whole sleep thing is counter-intuitive. For weeks the child didn't sleep during the day and woke up every 2-3 hours at night to eat, now that we enabled the "schedule" he take 3-4 naps during the day and also sleeps 7 hours at night?? So strange. More sleep during the day and more sleep during the night?! But for the schedule...holy crap...love it. We have a rough period every few hours as Jayce wants a "snack" but we power through it and after 15 minutes or so he forgets about the snack and goes to sleep. Every 3 hours we have that bottle ready...(well we give him a 1/2 hour window)...we eat, we play, we cry then we sleep then we do it all over again..oh and I forgot about pooping...we do that a lot!!
Both Keith and I have been working with Jayce on his motor skills....being such a big baby he's able to hold his head up pretty early and we shared some pictures of that but our newest accomplishment is standing. With a little support, Jayce is able to stand for a few seconds before he gets "rubber legs". Here is a picture.

1 Comments:
Congrats on getting several hours of sleep in a row. Feel like a new woman yet? Isn't a scheudle the best thing ever. once we were able to get on one with Ethan life was so much better, so congrats on achieving that very difficult goal. He's so cute!
Post a Comment
<< Home