1 month checkup
Jayce passed his 1 month check-up with flying colors. He's put on 2 lbs since birth and now weighs in at 10 lbs 15 oz (75%). I thought that 11 lbs seemed pretty big but it is actually small for his height which is now 23 1/4" (95%) which puts him at the top of the charts. So I guess we can feed him the enormous amount of food that he wants. 6 oz at one feeding just seems so much for a little guy but I guess his body needs that amount. Man I wish my metabolism was like his!
I brought out the video camera today and I just need to charge up the batteries so hopefully I can put up some film of him soon. He's really beginning to react with you. I can't wait for the first intended smiles. He's also beginning to think that the changing table isn't such a bad place to be...which is great for us as the little guy goes through 2-3 outfits a day. I still don't have to do laundry every day but every other is pretty accurate. I found out that you can't have enough bibs or burp cloths...I never seem to have enough of them. Also they sell these disposable pads that you can put on top of the changing pad cover and they are priceless. They prevent you from having to wash the changing pad every day...maybe even twice a day. You know that I am not one for producing unnecessary waste and I hate throwing these away but I'm telling you that these pads are better than I imagined.
Anyone need to go baby shopping sign me up as there are totally things that are essential...like the baby Bjorn and the bouncy/vibrate seat. I can't imagine getting by without those items. The amount of crib sheets and mattress pad covers are overrated....you definitely don't need 6...2 or 3 is sufficient. Oh and this is a lot more work than you can ever imagine! :)
I brought out the video camera today and I just need to charge up the batteries so hopefully I can put up some film of him soon. He's really beginning to react with you. I can't wait for the first intended smiles. He's also beginning to think that the changing table isn't such a bad place to be...which is great for us as the little guy goes through 2-3 outfits a day. I still don't have to do laundry every day but every other is pretty accurate. I found out that you can't have enough bibs or burp cloths...I never seem to have enough of them. Also they sell these disposable pads that you can put on top of the changing pad cover and they are priceless. They prevent you from having to wash the changing pad every day...maybe even twice a day. You know that I am not one for producing unnecessary waste and I hate throwing these away but I'm telling you that these pads are better than I imagined.
Anyone need to go baby shopping sign me up as there are totally things that are essential...like the baby Bjorn and the bouncy/vibrate seat. I can't imagine getting by without those items. The amount of crib sheets and mattress pad covers are overrated....you definitely don't need 6...2 or 3 is sufficient. Oh and this is a lot more work than you can ever imagine! :)

1 Comments:
Congrats on such a great appointment. WAY TO GROW!!!
You named the two most important things for us too. Couldn't not have lived without that Baby Bjorn. Best thing ever. Have you tried nursing in it yet? Hugs Gretchen
Post a Comment
<< Home