Friday, November 30, 2007

Selective Hearing

I know everyone has heard of selective hearing...I know I've used the comment multiple times with Keith! Well I guess I really always thought that it was a farce...that the person really did hear everything but just chose not to answer. Now I know it is real as I do it every night. When Keith gets home from work he takes Jayce for the next few hours and couple of feedings so I can have some time to myself and catch up on all the sleep I miss at night. Usually around 9-10 I go to bed and Keith feeds Jayce again and put him to bed. My time to take over is around the 2:00 feeding until morning. It is amazing how I tune out all noise until 2ish. I don't hear Jayce cry, Rosie's snoring, Keith brushing his teeth or getting ready for bed, the TV...nothing. Then like clockwork every night around 1:45 I start to "listen" for Jayce. I'm really not sure how I even do it but about every 1 1/2-2 1/2 hours all night long I listen for the sounds of him waking up so I can get in there, change his diaper and feed him before he really wakes up. By the time he is done eating he usually falls back to sleep on his own. I just think it is neat how I choose to tune out all noise until it is my turn to take over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home