Friday, March 07, 2008

Busy

Things have been really busy here getting the house back in order from the soot fiasco. Everything is clean but still dirty. I tried to touch up some of the walls and the paint is now a different duller color. The insurance is coming out again next week to re-assess what couldn't be cleaned and what needs to be replaced. But at least things are livable now and we have almost all our clothes back. The only items left are the blinds, carpets and walls. Plus everything that is still dirty just keeps attracting more dust, which makes it worse by the day. When my family came down this weekend they said it wasn't bad and that you don't notice until you point things out. Just sucks that we spent the last 5 years in this house updating everything and now it all looks old and grungy again. But all in all I think we got away with minimal damage...it could have been much worse.

Jayce is getting so big. He's almost rolling over and he sits for 15 seconds on his own. Everyday we tape him in his attempt to roll over and nothing yet but it is exciting. Oh and today he pooped in the toilet for the 1st time! One of my friends has their kids trained at 3 months to poop in the toilet so we figured we'd give it a try. I can totally tell when he is going to poop so I bring him to the toilet and have him sit on it. We had a few false starts last week but today we had success. He was so happy as I was so happy...we were both smiling and laughing. The kid loves to laugh and it is this full belly laugh that just makes you laugh back. I'm glad that we got over the first few torturous months. He's just so much fun now and a really happy content baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home