Basil
I'm sure you have a million ideas for basil...but I had none past the traditional tomato, basil & mozarella sand. Since then we have basil in all sandwiches and basil & cheese omelet! Yum. Bruchetta....but I still has tons left over. I found this on line and it works great.
Preserving basil:
1) fridge- remove basil leaves from stem, wrap in paper towel, put in ziploc baggie and store in fridge (mine have been good for two weeks so far)
2) freezer- chop up basil & oil in food processor, put in ice cube trays & freeze, once frozen, remove from trays ( you know the old run the bottom of tray under water trick) and store in tupperware.
Preserving basil:
1) fridge- remove basil leaves from stem, wrap in paper towel, put in ziploc baggie and store in fridge (mine have been good for two weeks so far)
2) freezer- chop up basil & oil in food processor, put in ice cube trays & freeze, once frozen, remove from trays ( you know the old run the bottom of tray under water trick) and store in tupperware.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home