Monday, April 27, 2009

POTTY! Yeh, go Jayce

Well, most of you know that Jayce was potty trained around 6m of age. He would go on the potty on command. But with spending most of his week in daycare and in diapers it was never a forced behavior and eventually he stopped going and started to resist the potty. So we dropped it and just started to pick it back up a few days ago. The first night J man and I battled the potty for 2 hours fighting before he actually went. Then the last few days we sat on the potty when we got up, before nap and at night with no struggles but only peeing sometimes. Tonight I was tired and didn't feel like dealing with the potty so I decided we weren't going to do the potty before bed. Well Jayce did not like that idea and pulled me into the bathroom and pointed at the potty. So I took his diaper and pants off, sat him on the potty and we started to read a book. A few seconds later he got up, pointed at the potty and smiled at me! He went all on his own! Hurrah for Jayce. Hopefully this will continue and I can have only one child in diapers!

2 Comments:

Blogger raluca said...

excellent! keep up the good work Jayce (and Taryn)!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work Jayce! :)


Jen Stout

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home