Meltdowns
How can one little creature go from being peacefully asleep at the start of one minute to screaming one's head off at the end of the same minute? That is a truely amazing feat that Jayce seems to do 10 times a day. We have to wake him up during the day to feed (as he'd sleep the whole day away if we let him) and within a few seconds he acts as though we never fed him before. I swear we feed him so if you are around to witness this behaviour please know that we do feed the bugger.
His Dr appt on Monday went great. He's up to 9 lbs 8 oz and 22 1/4 inches long. This puts him in the 90th % on weight and >95th for height. So those of you that were going with the double recessive genes I'm sorry I think you were wrong...he's going to be one tall little guy.
Also he has started to recognize Keith and I. The only bad thing is that he knows now that when we put him down we are going to walk away (which triggers another meltdown). So he needs to be sound asleep before he goes into his crib...I love playing this game at 4:00 in the morning let me tell you!
His Dr appt on Monday went great. He's up to 9 lbs 8 oz and 22 1/4 inches long. This puts him in the 90th % on weight and >95th for height. So those of you that were going with the double recessive genes I'm sorry I think you were wrong...he's going to be one tall little guy.
Also he has started to recognize Keith and I. The only bad thing is that he knows now that when we put him down we are going to walk away (which triggers another meltdown). So he needs to be sound asleep before he goes into his crib...I love playing this game at 4:00 in the morning let me tell you!

2 Comments:
Dear Mommy and Daddy,
I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but I love you so much that I want to spend every minute with you. I don't know when to sleep and when to wake up, and I'm hungry all the time so I think I'll just scream until I figure it out. I promise its cause I love you so much and when I get bigger I'll stop, someday.
Love, Jayce
LOL!!! Congrats on discovering Jayce's favorite way of saying "I love You". Isn't it wonderful. I know it seems hard right now but enjoy it. It all goes so fast. I'm glad to see that he didn't get his days and nights mixed up. I understand the feeding every 2 hours I was right there with you. I promise it does get better. Hugs! Gretchen, Scott and Ethan
Post a Comment
<< Home