Hoping only a few more days.
Jayce got another level of wean from the Morphine today. Only one more wean to go and then a 24-48 hour monitoring before he can come home! Keep your fingers crossed that he tolerates this latest wean. I'm planning on staying here in the hospital tonight as the night time shift appears to be his witching hour. He gets graded every 3 hours on everything from how well he sleeps to how many times he sneezes. It is really crazy. But every time he gets a "bad" score (a score above 8) they keep him at his same level of Morphine for another day...which mean another day here and not at home. So I want to see how "terrible" he is at night. The poor little guy probably just has his day and night times switched....you can't tell at all what time of day it is in here. Plus do they expect him to be wonderful 24 hours of the day? He is a baby you know! And he does great during the day when we are here. He rarely fusses and pretty much sleeps all day. If he was showing signs of withdrawal he wouldn't just have a bad 8 hours...he'd have a bad 24 hours. The Drs play it very conservative, which I understand, but after hanging out with Jayce day after day I really don't feel that he is showing withdrawal symptoms and I'm hoping that me being here tonight will help him get over this last hurdle and hopefully come home sooner. Here he is only 2 weeks old and I'm already worried about his report card!

1 Comments:
Taryn, hang in there....It will not be long before Mother and Baby are at home.Ann and I think of you guys every day and hope things keep going in the right direction. It is hard to believe that Jayce is only 2 weeks old because he is a big boy.The picture is great.I always believe that things always happen for some reason. no matter how tough things are we all learn from those tough times and become better.My fortune cookie the other day said "calm seas do not make for a good sailor". I guess that means Jayce will be awesome.....
Cheers,
uncle Bob
Post a Comment
<< Home