Saturday, July 31, 2010

I love hiking

This past weekend we went on two hikes with the kids and Jayce is just so funny. He must have said ten times during each hike..."I love this place, I love hiking" It is nice that he enjoys the outdoors as much as we do. I'm often so focused on bringing him to museums & kid things to play with other kids and socialize that I often forget that he not only needs intellectual stimiluation but also time just to have fun & relax outside with nature. He actually does a pretty good job on a mile or so hike. He knows to climb over things and use his butt to slide down things if it is too steep. The only thing he gets nervous about is when the trails get skinny and there is a close ledge...he always holds our hand as he "doesn't want to fall". We mostly still backpack Kaelyn as she is just too slow walking on her own and still falls over most of the tree roots or stones. We took a bunch of pictures from Friday's hike so I'll post them once Keith downloads them from the camera.

Boating, fishing, hiking, camping...we've been having a ton of fun this summer and there is still one more month to go. I can't wait to see what other adventures come our way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home