Monday, July 16, 2007

Birthing Class

So we had our birthing class this weekend. We (or Keith I should say) opted to take the weekend crash course. But I totally agree that there was just enough information but not too much! We did have to watch a few videos and let’s just say they were uncensored! But we both feel more prepared and aware of what is going to transpire a few months from now. Manchester Memorial Hospital’s birthing center is so nice, which makes us feel more confident with the situation as well. There are 12 private rooms with rooming-in for both baby and the father. The whole unit is only 4 years old so everything is still very new and up-to-date. There rate of invasive procedures is also lower than any other hospital in CT which they attribute to the 1-1 ratio of nurses to pateints. It seems as though they are more aware of your indivudual situation and how to react or circumvent an issue. So I am hoping that this is going to be a good experience as I need one of those right now in this pregnancy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home