Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Back on track

So a few days ago Keith and I got tired of all the rain and decided to leave Custer, SD. We had planned a few hikes in Custer State Forest but at 50 degrees and rainy we didn't want to get sick. So we took off for Devil's Tower National Monument...but it was raining there as well! Ughh. So we kept going west to Buffalo, WY. We ended up staying in the backcountry of Bighorn National Forest. We had our first campfire of the trip as we finally made it out of the drought region. (Thanks Mike & Lin for the Jiffy Pop!)

We did about a 6 mile hike in the forest...but didn't see any wildlife..only back at our campsite did this lone buck decide to take a stroll. Thankfully Rosie was still tired from the hike and didn't decide to take too much interest.

So now we are in St. Mary's, MT, right outside of Glacier National Park. We spent most of yesterday traveling...and for the first day on the trip I actually did more driving than Keith! And I think I've trained him not to fall asleep once he hits the passenger seat!

We have a bunch of planned days ahead of us so stand by for more pictures and stories.
Hope you are all having as much fun as we are!
Taryn

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Pictures. Have fun in Glacier.

DJ

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys, It looks like the travels have been great so far. Its nice to read your blog. we are all thinking of you and I am having a great time here at work!!! I love my job so much that if I won the lottery, I would still be here.
Travel safe...

Cheers,
Uncle Bob

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home