Seriously, do we all live on the same planet!
For the most part of our trip we have been pretty fortunate, having most of the luxuries we are accustomed to having at home. Our only struggle has been trying to find internet access on the road. My mom had been checking our mail and doing a great job of making sure we’ve paid all of our bills, but since we are paying our bills electronically it has become essential every few weeks to locate the internet. Up to now our biggest problem is that wi-fi wasn’t available at the locations we were staying but we still had the option of dial-up service. These past few days, I’ve been trying to find a place to stay in TN near the smokies and people here don’t even know what the internet is!! I tried to ask one guy 3 times if he has internet at his campground, after the third time I gave up. I should have asked him if he had a computer. I mean these are people who own business in 2006!! This other lady gave me a good laugh. I asked if she had wireless and she said “honey, I don’t have anything that’s wireless, I only have water, electric and sewer lines…none of that wireless stuff”. I practically choked laughing. I can understand not having the internet but not even knowing what it is?

1 Comments:
Hey guys,
I can't believe your trip is coming to an end. It sounds like you have been having a fabulous time! I was thinking about you guys on your anniversary - 5 years! I remember your wedding like it was yesterday!
Good luck with the rest of the trip. We miss you and look forward to seeing you soon!
Lynn
Post a Comment
<< Home